My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Saturday, January 06, 2007

How To Waste The Day Away by Pam....

...I really have tons I need to be doing but decided to toss in a quick post...I wonder how much time I waste on the computer and what all I could get done if I would just leave it turned off for a day??? LOL Actually, please don't answer that question...I really DON'T want to know!!

I am having lunch with a friend today. We tried to get together before Christmas but both of our schedules were way crazy so we decided to wait until January. I am really looking forward to chatting with her, we both work for the same firm but in different offices, different towns...I am sure there will be lots of "shop talk" as well as just catching up with each other.

This morning I quickly made up these 2 little hotpads (first finish of the new year!!) to give to my lunch date, yes they are Christmas prints, I have had a stack of these hotpads cut out for weeks but have not done any sewing, not even the simple seam it took to get these done. Please check out the tutorial for these quick, fun hotpads...the original pattern is for coasters but I enlarged these to 8" square for hotpads. While you are visiting the tutorial, check out the rest of Jenny's blog..it is full of wonderful ideas, she is a very talented lady!

Now that I have one set of these made up I will make some everyday ones (rather than holiday) for myself out of these FQ's that my sister brought be in November, aren't they beautiful??? I love them all but my favorites are the 2 with bright colored circles and the yellow plaid...I am thinking hotpads, and am going to do my best to get a table topper out of them as well, most likely will pull from my stash for the backing so as to get the most mileage of of these FQ's. Thanks again, Nancy....I love how my kitchen has your touch all through it with red table cloth and napkins, my olive jar and now new hotpads and hopefully a table topper too! (oh let's not forget my 2 (LOL) cherry sink strainers)

Ed is canning turkey soup today...and I am sure he will still be canning when I get back from town later this afternoon, meat takes hours in the pressure cooker! I love having homemade turkey soup on the shelf...just toss in some rice or homemade noodles and you have a quick ready made lunch. He cooked and boned a 24 lb. turkey so you know how much soup we have to can!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Saturday, January 06, 2007 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Adorable hot pads and what a good idea to take the coaster pattern and make it bigger. Those fabrics are gorgeous. I can't wait to see the hot pads you make from them.

 
At Saturday, January 06, 2007 1:45:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I've had one of those "Waste the day away" days today. Had so many things I wanted to do but just haven't felt like it. So instead I've been catching up on blogs. So it wasn't really a wasted day. :-)

Your sister has really good taste in fabric. My favorite is the black with bright circles on the bottom row. And BOTH of the reds on that row with it already reside in my stash in 1 to 2 yd. cuts.

The canned turkey soup sounds wonderful. We used to make and can chicken gumbo all the time. It was sure good to pull out a can and make a bit of rice and have a quick , tasty supper in just a few minutes.

 
At Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:26:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

I love the circles and yellow plaid too. Those hot pads turned out well and your friend will just be ready for next year.

Bet is smells good around your house to day with the turkey stuff a simmering and canning.

 
At Saturday, January 06, 2007 7:19:00 PM, Blogger SuBee said...

What a darling little pattern - it just made my "wanna" list longer.
Thank you for the good thoughts and prayer - it helps. (((hug)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home