My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Leftovers...

....don't we all like leftovers...ready to finish off when we are.

Well, I have leftovers on my 2006 Quilty Goals. Five leftovers to be exact, not to be confused with my UFO pile which is as yet uncounted!

Countryside Cottage is a BOM that I started earlier this year. I really wanted to get this one done and in a frame to start the handquilting...the blocks were a quilt finish but the center is all applique and I couldn't find the needed time to get it done...so as is sits I need to finish the applique and then set the blocks for a completed top. No hurry on this...didn't have a plan for this once completed.

Rhythm and Blues is also a BOM. The blocks are finished I just need to set them and move this along. Again, no hurry...no plan.

Garden Pinwheels are leftover blocks from another BOM that I finished in 2000. The completed quilt is one I really love. I did extra blocks for pillowshams, bloster pillows and etc. This is currently sandwiched and pinned ready for some zoom lines, would be a quick and easy finish. Not sure why I bought so many of the extra blocks but it could be that I found them in the clearance pile for $1.00/block. So...I put 9 together for a lapquilt. Again, no hurry...I will send this to a friend in Canada and since she has no idea it is coming it is not on a MUST DO NOW list for me.

Over the Edge...fun doorhanging depicting a sewingroom complete with computer, stash, plants, machines and of course a cat! This is at the border stage. Again, a quick finish if I would just make the time to do it but it hasn't called my name in a few months so it is sitting right where it was when I last pulled it out.

Hot pads!! Oh my goodness. My momma would flip if she saw what I am currently using in the kitchen for hot pads...they are not even good enough to be called rags...they are just TRASH!! But I haven't made new ones yet so that is what I am using. I have some wonderful FQ's ready to be made into beautiful and colorful hotpads...it just hasn't happened. I was hoping my friend Barbara would have pity on me and make me up a few but that hasn't happened! LOL She would do it in a heartbeat if I asked her but I was hoping she would get the hint and do it without being asked.

And last by certainly not least is Gramma's Aprons. I am handquilting this and so enjoying the process. There are 7 aprons left to do before I start on the borders. I will continue to work on this and hope to have it done sometime next month, maybe a birthday gift to myself! I used a bit heavier batting than I usually use knowing that I will use it during the coldest months here in Oregon.

Now...all the rest of what is in MCM in various stages....ugh!!!..I have been giving a few projects away from time to time, repurposing a few projects...and hanging on to a few things that I am not quite ready to make a decision about. There is a gal in Linda's WTIL group, Sarah, that is amazing at creating with leftover odds and ends. While I go through this and that I keep Sarah in mind, knowing that if I send something her way it will be completed and some little one will be the beneficiary. I am enjoying thinning out what is in MCM ~ either by completing my projects or by passing them along ~ and feeling the weight of it all lifting from my shoulders. About half of the UFO's are mine, the other momma's.

Other than working on my Gramma's Aprons, I am hoping to get a couple of table toppers, a couple more sets of placemats, and one name banner done before Christmas. All are quilt as you go so finishing them will be just a matter of putting on the binding~easy-peasy projects!

That is it from me. You most likely will be seeing less and less of me as the end of the year draws close, just too many things going on to be online (or even home!!) much.

I will leave you with a picture of a Nativity I made the year we were expecting our first born child, 1979. (Casualities over time: Mary has had to have surgery to attach her hands and the cow has recovered nicely from horn re-attachment...other than that, all is well! Just to give you an idea of size, the camels measure 13" tall.) It is all done with Mother of Pearl paint and is just beautiful when only the lights on the Christmas tree are shining.


Enjoy December!
The most wonderful time of the year!!!

6 Comments:

At Sunday, December 03, 2006 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

nice to hear from you Pam and know what you are up to-good plans for those projects in MCM..and great attitude! as you are fond of saying, we can only do what we can do...it is what it is!

 
At Sunday, December 03, 2006 2:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to have control over your list of projects. That's always a good thing.

Enjoy your December too. Mine has been good so far..

 
At Sunday, December 03, 2006 7:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is definitely going to get in the way this month as you try to cram in all those things along with the holiday hubbub. Sure hope you two are feeling better and over the creeping crud.

 
At Sunday, December 03, 2006 9:00:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

So are these projects going to end up in the UFO pile?

I have 3 quilts started this year that haven't been finished yet - 2 are finished tops and 1 is a small donation quilt that just needs a binding.

 
At Sunday, December 03, 2006 11:09:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Considering all you did accomplish this year, that's not so much to have left. Beautiful nativity.

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Shelina said...

The year isn't over yet, so you still have time to complete all your goals. And since you created the goals yourself, you can give yourself all the extensions that you want! Looks like you've got quite a few things in the done list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home