My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Successful Shopping Trip

Although we didn't get all that we wanted in a refrigerator, we did buy one. We didn't want water and ice in the door...do you know how hard it is to find a refrigerator without water and ice in the door? To us it is wasted space. We didn't want a side-by-side, when Ed does a wedding cake he can't get the larger bottom layers in there, nor will a sheet cake or the turkey roaster fit in one. We didn't want the freezer on the top. And we didn't want to pay an arm and a leg and give up our first born to pay for it either ($2500+!!!). When did it get so hard to find appliances? Anyway, we found most of what we wanted in a refrigerator and will make do with the rest. No, we didn't get the shiney black face on the refrigerator (could have if we had caved to the water and ice and giving up our son) but we did get pretty much everything else. No water and ice in the door, the freezer (on the bottom) has an ice maker in it but we will unscrew and remove that, plug up the hole and gain some space there. The stove we bought is the one we have been looking at all along. Didn't want a flat surface top because we do so much canning and it is not recommended to use those for canning and besides my mother had one and she worked night and day to keep it clean.

Also went to JoAnn's and purchased the backing for Gramma's Aprons so hope to get that pinned and quilted this week. Muslin was on sale and my last bolt is just about gone so purchased another bolt of that. Ran into Micheals for some charms (cell phone jewerly), popped into the Dollar Tree for a giant pencil I have been looking for and found a giant pen as well, BONUS!! Went to a couple of different Christian bookstores looking for a decal to put on the back window of our car, found it at the second store.

Went to lunch at a favorite resturant. Enjoyed just sitting and chatting with hubby for an hour with no distractions.

Ed has been thinking about getting a remote control airplane (men and their toys!) so we tracked down a hobby shop and spent time picking the owners brain about the best one to start with and getting some tricks for beginningers....yes, he came home with an airplane! I knew if he actually went into a shop he would not leave without an airplane. As with all things, the first thing out of his mouth was "you will have to help me figure this out". Nope, he has all day to sit around and he can read the manual and play the DVD until he figures it out. I told him I really have no interest in this, that it would be something he would be doing on his own....I think he heard only part of that. "I have ___ interest in this." Our sons both tried to tell him this would be a good thing for him to get involved in...DAD not MOM. Truth be told, it really is a cool looking thing and does look like fun but he really needs to make this an Ed thing...not another Ed and Pam thing. He has decided it is only fair that he get a room dedicated to his airplane since I have MCM. I don't think so bub! LOL

As our day in the city was winding down Ed pulled out a coupon for Cold Stones. YUMMY. He had found a coupon a while back and had hidden it away for such a trip to the city. So off we went on a chilly, windy, wet day to get ice cream! LOL Founders Favorite for me (minus the pecans, thank you very much!) and Breathless Boston Cream Pie for him (add a waffle dish for him). As we were mmmmm-ing, ooooohhh-ing and ahhhhh-ing over our ice cream, as we were freezing inside and out, as we were realizing that a hot latte would have been a wiser choice, he looked into my eyes and told me he had enjoyed his day out with the love of his life. OK, I really needed that! Frozen from ice cream or not he melted my heart. What a wonderful way to end our day in the city.

So....today is a momma day. After worship we will get dinner and take it to her. I have one placemat that needs the binding handwork done and am working on a tutorial for what will from here on out be referred to as a "Sewing Cookie" (think sewing supply holder crossed with a fortune cookie LOL). Not much in the quilty line but until the 2 quilts get back from the quilter (hopefully this week) and until I get Gramma's Aprons pinned and quilted, I don't have any other handwork to do while I sit with momma. I am encouraging Ed to either take another car into town and come home after dinner or to take the manual to his airplane to study while I sew and momma sits and watches.

That's it for me for now. Time to move along.

5 Comments:

At Sunday, November 12, 2006 9:12:00 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

sounds like you had a very productive day of shopping! Can I have your share of pecans from the ice cream? :-)

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! My daughter works at Coldstone, she loves it!

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 2:36:00 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Oh how I agree with you about the refrigerator! My dear husband had his heart SET on a counter depth ( all I could see was LESS SPACE!)I'm trying very hard to like it..but it dumps ice on my feet when I open the freezer! As desert dwellers, we think we canNOT live without an ice maker...:::Grin::::

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 2:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had the very perfect day. My hubby is into RC planes, and it can be as all consuming as quilting ... but I can't figure out for the life of me why it would be!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

 
At Sunday, November 12, 2006 4:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWW, enjoying the day with the love of his life. Your Ed is quite the romantic fellow but I think I already knew that. You are blessed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home