My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, November 13, 2006

Mental Health Day, Riddled With Guilt

Today I took a Mental Health Day from the office for several reasons:
  1. I didn't sleep well last night and after tossing and turning until 3:30 I got up
  2. I had several calls that needed to be made and due to topic, felt better about making those calls from home
  3. and last but not least just BECAUSE!!!!

I didn't decide not to go to the office until after I was almost ready to leave! Figures, did my face and hair and it was totally waisted! LOL no biggie....hubby appreciated my efforts!

So...what did I do with my free day, my Mental Health Day? Lived in guilt!!! Isn't that the way it goes?? Good grief. Yes, I was tired...but not so tired that I couldn't go to the office. Yes, I needed to make several phone calls...but I could have done it during my lunch or left messages for return calls after 4 p.m. when I am home. So...instead of relaxing and fully enjoying the day I started it out with a HGT. Which, thankfully, I managed to rid myself of by mid-morning.

I did manage to accomplish quite a bit.

  1. Cleaned the livingroom ~ during big time HGT
  2. Did 3 loads of wash ~ HGT weighing on my "you should be at the office" rational
  3. Finally finished unpacking from camp ~ HGT present and accounted for
  4. Straighted up MCM ~ about the time HGT was leaving
  5. Sewed the backing for Gramma's Aprons ~ a few twitches of HGT
  6. Sewed and pressed binding for Gramma's Aprons ~ only a slight nagging of HGT
  7. Pieced batting for Gramma's Aprons ~ nary a hint of HGT
  8. Pinned Gramma's Aprons ~ HGT?? What HGT???

So....that is how I spent my day along with a few phone calls, a wonderful lunch of chicken tortilla soup in bread bowls, getting a totally unexpected-surprise package in the mail, laughed on the phone with my sister, ignored my constantly ringing cell phone, and am currently watching an amazing show on Oprah about the languages of an infant.

After Oprah is over I am planning to start quilting Gramma's Aprons (how many times in one post can I say "Gramma's Aprons" anyway??) and hope to get it quilted and the machine side of the binding on as well.

There you go, a recap of my Mental Health Day that started out with a good dose of HGT that went away as soon as I was doing some fun stuff in MCM! How did you spend your day?

7 Comments:

At Monday, November 13, 2006 4:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I found your blog via the next blog button!! I love it!!! So happy that you donate your quilts to kids who have nothing.... Well done...

RR

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006 5:38:00 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

isn't it amazing that having decided to take a mental health day we can "punish" ourselves. I was fortunate and had the day off without it being "mental health" in lieu of our rememberance day which was Saturday.... Never turn away a day off....

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006 7:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

with that stormy weather I know you were having who could sleep?! With wind gusts, power outtages you probably thought that the house was going to blow away like Dorothy's in "Wizard of Oz" which was on the other night come to think of it.

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

We all need mental health days, in my case, weeks! I have to ask though, what is HGT? something to do with guilt but what??

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:09:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

I had a sick day today and managed to sneak in some quilt time too. Sounds like you had a good day off.

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:07:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I take a "mental health day" every once in a while. But my guilt usually only lasts about 5 minutes. LOL! Guess you're just more dedicated than I am. :-)

 
At Friday, November 17, 2006 2:30:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Mental health days are so important - but I feel so full of guilt that I hardly ever take one. I think I've taken a total of 2 or 3 in the last 12 years. Now it'll be even harder as I've passed the magic "360 hours" of sick leave. After that we can cash it in 4 for 1 for vacation time. It actually may be 3 for 1 now - the board was voting on this on Wednesday night but I've not heard how it turned out. Right now I have 373 hours, with 6.67 being added every month. Shoud give me almost another day of vacation by the end of this month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home