My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fascinating!

I am always amazed by the talent that people have, and those who can draw and paint have always had my admiration. My son, Ryan, took this picture in October while we were having our annual family gathering. He posted it to Aesthetic-Mindset, his photo blog, where another photoblogger saw it and offered to paint the photo to raise some funds for charity.

Inga, has posted to her blog videos of the progress of her painting Ryan's photo. When she is done she will post the painting on eBay, when the bidding is over half of the winning bid goes to the winners charity of choice. Isn't that cool??

Watch the progress as Inga completes this painting here.

I may be able to create with needle and thread, I may be able to create with paper, scissors and adhesive, but I can not create with canvas, paint and brush...and I am in awe watching Inga do this on her videos.

UPDATE~~Straightening Out The Details:
  • This is NOT a picture of the Oregon Coast...it is Ensenada, Mexico...my bad
  • 100% of the proceeds from this painting will go to charity, 50% to winning bidders charity of choice, and 50% to the National Marfan Association.
What are kids for, if not to help aging parents keep the story straight!!

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:30:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

That's a gorgeous photo. Printed and framed, that would be art enough for me, but I have a huge appreciation of photographic art. I'm amazed that anyone can actually draw or paint something that looks like what it is supposed to be. =)

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 2:33:00 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Oh wow! Beautiful photo and am in awe of people who can transfer that beauty to a painting. Have a great friend who does similar things but with digital art. Some of his stuff is amazing.

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to watch the process at work--that is she looked at the computer first to get the grid and then drew the lines in? It is a wonderful shot with the sun on the waters etc.

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:43:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

so much going on! glad you got the bag ok, glad Ryan could tell his story so funny-and wow! his photo into art...amazing.

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 4:50:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

That is an incredible picture. I wish I could paint too. But I've decided I'm much better with fabric.

How cool of Inga to donate the proceeds to charity.

 
At Friday, November 17, 2006 6:03:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

What an awesome picture!!! And I'm with you when it comes to drawing or painting...and I do so admire those talented people!

 
At Sunday, November 19, 2006 3:06:00 PM, Blogger Granny said...

WOW! That is a fantastic picture and it's great that the artist is donating all the proceeds.

Judy L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home