My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I give up

I had about an hour this morning to read through my favorite blogs and go around the ring. Got about halfway through and now Blogger won't let me post any more comments. Drats! So...rather than letting Blogger win I will just move along and come back to where I left off later this wknd.

I really wanted to finish Gramma's Aprons completely from my stash but looks like I am going to have to purchase a backing! Drats! I could piece the back but that would mean using up more of my 30's which I am not as willing to do. I will purchase the backing today and not feel guilty at all.

My SSS is at the quilters and it is done! I am itching to get it back...can't wait!!! It isn't mine to keep but it is mine to give, the only problem is I will be giving it away soon and I really wanted time to continue my bonding with it. I would say it is my favorite quilt finished this year. Maybe I should just keep it since the reciever has no clue about it. Nah...can't do that! Quilter is on vacation and will be home this wk. I will be working on the binding while watching volleyball games and wrestling, such is the life of a gma! I also have Midnight Hunter waiting to be picked up at the quilters as well.

Hubby and I are headed to Roseburg (about an hours drive East) to see about new appliances, had we known our refrigerator and stove would BOTH go on the fritz so soon after our kitchen remodel we would have just gotten new appliances then. Repair man has been out to work on both several times, he didn't give them long to live. We have looked at Sears, and a couple of Mom & Pop stores in our area but can't find what we are looking for. This is the deal: a couple of years ago we bought a new dishwasher (believe it or not we had not had a dishwasher before, the closest thing we had to a dishwasher moved out in 2000 when he graduated from High School) and it has the shine-y black front like our refrigerator (which was my parents) and our stove (which was in our kids' house when the bought it but they had their own stove and ours was old old old). Well, now it seems you can't purchase shiney black faces on appliances. So, we have a new dishwasher and need a new refrigerator and stove but they will not all match. I am not a "everything must match" type person but this is a new kitchen afterall so we want to match it if at all possible. We have not given up!! If we have to purchase the new "textured" black we will, but not without a fight!!! Hubby says we should just get a new dishwasher as well...NO!!! NADA!!! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

So, we each have our lists and will make a day of it. The sun is out right now but won't be for long, we are getting storms blowing through here 24/7. If you have seen the flooding reports on the news, yes...that is us..the Pacific Northwest is being hit left and right. We are not getting it as bad as those who live North of us but we live right on the coast so are getting the headwinds (60-80 MPH winds) which keep us on our toes.

I will leave you with a pic of Meow. Usually you will find him curled up on his window perch in MCM. With the change of seasons he has taken over his post as "lazy kitty on the bed" and is now once again willing to share the pillows with Toasty. Usually Meow doesn't like to share anything with Toasty....I think he is jealous of Toasty....NO PICS ARE POSTING!!!

3 Comments:

At Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Do you have a dishwasher with the panels that you can flip over to change color? If so, I wonder if there is any way an appliance dealer could order a matching panel to go with whatever type of stove and fridge you buy? Just a thought...

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 12:36:00 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

gotta love blogger's ideosincricies... (and yes I can't spell) :-)

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

We are getting our fair share of that rain in BC! I really wish it would stop. Our neighbouring community evacuated 200 houses and many others were on alert. We have had three mud slides near here over the last week. If you are travelling, you have to be prepared to change your route at a moments notice. So far we are safe. I don't think the high winds you are getting are much better than this rain here. Are you still with power? Some of the places on the coast here have been without power for some time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home