My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, October 29, 2006

What Is Your Heart Singing?


Just got off the phone from our weekly call to our oldest son and family who live a 12 hr drive from us...needless to say we don't see them often but we talk each week.

Beginning my converstation with Maddie as we also do with our "secret code" that we have shared since before she could talk we then moved onto how her day was "good". What her favorite part of her week was "playing with daddy". And what she has planned for the upcoming week, which includes a Harvest Festival with another family. She is 100% girl! Loves dress up, can't be dirty and isn't one to take chances on much of anything. Maddie informed her Grampa that her favorite thing to do at the park is play on the slide "but it is high to the sky and scary". We raised boys, our 2 granddaughters are more than precious to us. We did the blue jeans and dirt theme in our home, listening to Maddie's sweet little girl voice blesses my heart over and over again.

JJ and I have a "secret code" as well. Since before he was able to talk I would whisper into his ear that hearing him coo would make my heart sing. Naomi taught him to say "I love you" before he could say much of anything else. During our weekly telephone conversations he would say "I love you Gramma Pam" and I would tell him that hearing that was making my heart sing. On and on, week after week.

Anytime JJ tells me he loves me I tell him he has made my heart sing, he then puts his little head on my chest and listens, telling me what song my heart is singing...."Phantom of the Opera" was what it was singing during their August visit, don't ask me why but that was his response each time. According to JJ, while they were here a couple of weeks ago, my heart was then singing "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". Tonight JJ said he doesn't know what my heart is singing because he can't hear it when "Yours heart is in Oregon and mine ears are in Sedro Woolley", he then proceeded to tell me (in his sweet little 3 yr old voice) that if he could hear it, it would be singing "Zippity Do-Da!"

On another note (musical or otherwise) my quilty accomplishment for the day was to deliver quilts to my machine quilter lady. Nothing more, nothing less.

7 Comments:

At Sunday, October 29, 2006 8:46:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

what cutie pies with their little rosy cheeks. It must have been a chilly day on the beach in spite of the bundling up. Good that the phone can keep you in contact with your grandbabies and their parents.

 
At Sunday, October 29, 2006 9:11:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

What a precious story about your grandchildren, and such a sweet picture of the little ones. I can certainly understand why they would make your heart sing. How hard to have them so far away!

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 3:45:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Even if you didn't get anything quilty done, it seems like you had a 99% perfect day just talking to the grandkids.

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 5:57:00 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

sounds like you need to design a quilt for that little child covered in hearts and song lyrics...

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 1:08:00 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I've never wanted to have children but sometimes I think it would have been cool to go straight to grandkids. They sound fun! :)

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 5:25:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

I agree with quiltpixie - you need to design a quilt for your precious grandson.

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 9:15:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Awww, what wonderful memories you're making with them. :) It's not everyone's heart that can beat in tune with the phantom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home