My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, November 06, 2006

Home, Exhausted, Sneak Peak

Had a good weekend. Enjoyed my time. Lots of interesting things to tell you. Here are a couple of pics to share since it will take me a few days to get back up to steam enough to post a real post. A riot of color greeted me everywhere while on my daily walks.
Gramma's Aprons 60x70
My camp accomplishment! I don't normally post pics of tops only, choosing to wait until my projects are done-done projects but was thrilled with how this turned out and not sure when it will be quilted so decided to post it as is. This is my second EQ quilt. The idea for this block was NOT mine, giving credit where credit is due, this was inspired from a quilt in the current Hancock-Paducah catalog. The prints for the blocks are from my 30's repros stash. The pieced border was pieced as leaders and enders while piecing the blocks. It was nice to have the border done when the blocks were done. The pieced border prints were a "Thank you" from Marcus Brothers, in response to a questionaire I filled out they sent me hundreds (yes, hundreds!!) of 3" samples of 30's repros.
OK, that is a sneak peek....more info, not too many more pics (why do we forget to use our cameras???) later. I unpacked enough to find my make-up and tooth brush and give hubby a mini quilt show of my accomplishments (I managed to get 3 Christmas gifts done in addition to Gramma's Aprons) and then I did NOTHING the rest of the night so I need to finish unpacking and FIND MY IRON tonight.
As I was unloading the car the phone rang, Linda and Cher were chatting online and called to check up on me, making sure I made it home before the expected storm hit our area. I made it home JUST in time to avoid driving in the stormy weather. Thanks ladies for checking up on me. I had been home about 20 minutes when they called, Ed was just starting to wonder if I was ahead of the storm or in the middle of it.
It will take me a few days to catch up with all your blogs, my Sage is full of new posts! You are a chatty bunch ~ my blogland friends!

7 Comments:

At Monday, November 06, 2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

love that 30s repro top, very cute!

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 1:20:00 PM, Blogger Fiona said...

Love the aprons theme and the 30's prints, very nostalgic.

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 5:56:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

You know, Pam, I had just switched on the TV Sunday a.m. when it was giving the storm warning/wind advisory. How could I NOT worry about you getting home on that winding looking route to camp? I talked to you not long ago so Cher did the "honors" and besides, she is closer, LOL. Now you said it is flooding out in the PNW. Our rain and wind hit right after we talked last night--at bedtime and just started back up this morning.

I love the aprons on two levels--first that you are using your software and actually producing some finished projects with it. 2nd, how could I not be attracted to a 30's pattern?

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 6:36:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

hurray for fitting in a post with photos of what you did on retreat-though not the Christmas gifts...which figures.
and the rain just keeps on coming down!

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Way too cute... brings back memories... My Grandma always wore aprons.

Melanie

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Shelina said...

That is such a nice scenery - I bet it makes it fun to go walking.
The Grandma's Apron quilt is so cute. It is a cute idea, and well executed, especially with the borders.

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 7:26:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Your apron quilt is adorable. Sounds like camp was a lot of fun. I have to find a quilt camp or retreat in my area.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home