My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It was perfectly normal behavior....

....but my family thought we had lost our last marbles.

While at the cabin a couple of wknds ago, my sister Nancy came for clamchowder and to love on our 2 youngest grandkidlets that she has not seen much of since they live so far away. My boys love my sister so much, and whats not to love???!!! When you speak to her she listens...I mean really listens, as in looks you in the eye and focuses on what you are saying. She always asks the right questions and is truly interested in your life. When you have been around her you can't help but to feel good about yourself, about your life, about the world around you. So...when the boys found out that Aunt Nancy would be around Saturday evening they both waited like little kids (they are 27 and 25 yrs old) until she arrived.
Roy, JJ, Aunt Nancy, Ryan
What we watched was Aunt Nancy falling totally heads over heals in love with our little JJ, and no kidding~~~JJ fell in love with Aunt Nancy. He followed her around, he took her hand in his little hand and off they went (Maddie included), up to the sleeping loft to play a game of "tea party" or something while Roy and Ryan were left behind to wait until it was their turn to spend time with Aunt Nancy!
As this picture proves, Aunt Nancy can get away with anything! JJ is all boy, ALL boy!!! He doesn't like pink, he doesn't touch dolls, he has the deepest little voice (like his daddy did at that age) ~~ he is nothing but BOY BOY BOY. When JJ admired Aunt Nancy's earrings, she promptly took one off and hooked it on the inside of his ear. You could almost hear a pin drop between the fact that he LET her do that and the fact that Roy & Naomi were shocked that anyone would DARE attempt to do that. And then all of the sudden...his face lit up and he was grinning from ear to ear, he giggled and giggled and the more he giggled the more the earrings swung from his ears. It was hilarious and I wished that someone would have had a camera rolling to catch it as it happened. On Sunday morning, when JJ woke up, he slid down the steps on his bottom, came over to me, curled up on my lap, looked in my eyes and said "Gramma, when is MY Aunt Nancy coming to see me at the beach cabin?" No "good morning Gramma" No "I love you Gramma" not even a "I'm hungry Gramma" The first thought he had upon waking was of HIS Aunt Nancy.

Anyway..back to what I was going to write about, before I was side tracked....as my sister was walking out the door Saturday night, she made a comment about her "dang new purse" being too small and about the same time that I stated I had just gotten a new purse and it was just too large.
We made eye contact
I grabbed my purse
We both walked to the diningroom table
Both emptied out our new, but "not-right-for-me" purses
Switched purses
Reloaded our NEW NEW and JUST RIGHT purses
Hugged
I stated that I got the better deal
She stated that she got the better deal
Thanked each other
End of story



The other 4 adults in the room just sat there looking at us like we had both just lost the last of the few marbles we had to begin with. Hey, it was a perfectly normal thing for us! When Roy finally could say something he just shook his head, shrugged his shoulders and said..."those sisters!"

Which brings me to another story...Aunt Nancy trying to get JJ to understand that his gramma is her sister. Another story for another time.



12 Comments:

At Thursday, October 26, 2006 5:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet, it is so nice to hear about completely functional siblings. (Is she a quilter?)

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 5:37:00 AM, Blogger KC Sunshine said...

How funny! My sister and I don't live too far apart, but we don't talk often because we each have small children, jobs, husbands and houses to take care of. BUT I can exactly picture us doing something like switching purses like that! Several years in a row we bought each other identical Christmas gifts! We still laugh about it. Thanks for sharing!
KC

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 5:50:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

love these stories-so glad Nancy got to come visit and work her magic. priceless photos!

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 5:51:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

That doesn't sound odd at all to me. Just one of those priceless "sister" moments. :-)

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:33:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Sweet story, Pam. It seems like kids have a hard time figuring out the relationships between their adult family members. Like how could Daddy be Gramma's "little boy"?---just look at him, he's big! Maybe that is what the sister thing was about too--how could Nancy be HIS aunt too? To him sisters come Maddie-sized.

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:51:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

What a great story-what a blessing your sister is.

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 8:49:00 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Cool story. I wish I had a sister!!!

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 8:48:00 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Pam, I have to say, you have the MOST adorable grandson..*VBS* Such a cutie and soooo sweet. Love the story about HIS Aunt Nancy..*VBS* Thank God for family..*S*

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. Hugs, Finn

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 9:55:00 AM, Blogger Susan said...

What great stories, and what a little love JJ looks, even with earrings. =)

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 5:03:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I totally understand the purse thing!!! LOL Just like one of my sisters and I would do it!!! ROFL We even have a sister that just looks at us and asks "what do you two find to laugh at so much", which set off another hilarious fit of laughing!!!

That's an absolutely precious story about your 20+ young men waiting for Aunt Nancy...and JJ stealing her away. :D Just precious!!

 
At Saturday, October 28, 2006 12:59:00 AM, Blogger Dona said...

Yep, that's sisters, who else could trade purses and end up in a fit of giggles. Every little one needs a favorite auntie.

 
At Saturday, October 28, 2006 7:29:00 AM, Blogger Hedgehog said...

Great story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home