My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, October 20, 2006

Fishin' & Campin' We Will Go!!!

Another UFO crossed off my list. I started these for my sister several years ago, she and my BIL had just gotten a 5th wheel and she was so excited! This new-to-them 5th wheel was a fun step-up from the truck and camper they had. Anyway...I started these shortly after they got the 5th wheel - - and guess what??? now they have my parents 5th wheel. None of that has anything to do with anything but just wanted to state that these have been in a UFO state for ages. Two placemats, a hotpad and a mini wallhanging (which needs a stick as the hanger). Her husband, son and SIL are currently fishing and camping so I told her NOT to leave these surprises in the 5th wheel until she went camping...you know how guys camp!!!
Here is a picture of the "I love you ~~~ so ~~~ please get a mamogram" goodie bags I made for some special women in my life. I found the pink ribbon fabric for the bags at Wally World and filled them with: Pink M&M's, pink breast cancer awareness socks, and a pink ribbon lapel pin. I really wanted to get some pink Hershey's Kisses but we live in the sticks and there was no place to get them here. I have been wearing a pink ribbon all this month in memory of a dear friend who died 3 years ago on October 13, she did not have breast cancer but a rare form of lung cancer. Walking through Marcia's cancer with her was one of the defining times of my life. I miss her terribly, I know her family misses her more. Ladies, if you have not had a mamogram...please do so.

I am currently about half done with the first EQ quilt I designed a couple of wks a go-just a day or two after getting my EQ software! I can't show you until it is finished and given. I can tell you that this is BRIGHT and happy and of course has a story behind it. I am so liking how it is turning out that I would love to show it to someone but can't DRATS!!!!

Cher had mentioned that so many get EQ but only design with it, seldom actually making a REAL quilt from their designs. That is one of reasons I hesitated getting EQ, I was a bit afraid that I would fall into that syndrome~I know myself too well!!! I do have and use Sew Precise ALOT. I love all 4 of the sets and when I am in a foundation piecing mood I can print patterns and sew for days and weeks at a time. I wasn't sure exactly how much I would use EQ but having one quilt designed and almost completed has given me the drive to design again. I know Linda will hold my feet to the fire and help me when I need it, she is a wealth of information and a great encourager.

I was going to add a few more pics of our trip to the cabin but Blogger has decided FOR ME that two pictures for this post is all it needs. Gee, thanks Blogger.

Soccer tomorrow morning, then a trip to a corn maze and pumpkin patch. It is about an hours drive away. I am anticipating a beautiful drive along the river.

5 Comments:

At Friday, October 20, 2006 9:28:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Cute mammogram bags!

I was trying to think of some pink candy for you that would be available this time of year (when you're more likely to find kisses in autumn toned foil) and the only thing I could think of is packs of gum... the strawberry and bubblegum flavors come in a pink pkg. and you might be able to find them in little halloween size treats.

 
At Friday, October 20, 2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Pam said...

I got my mammogram.

Great family photo on the beach.

 
At Saturday, October 21, 2006 6:21:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Your mammogram goody bags are a wonderful idea. I have had several this year to diagnose what turned out to be a minor problem-and get it taken care of. With three cousins who have had mastectomies, I was holding my breath and am so thankful for the outcome. Get your Grammies, ladies!

 
At Saturday, October 21, 2006 8:46:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

you continue on your roll of making wonderful surprises for special people in your life-way to go Pam! I am delighted to hear you are almost done making your first EQ design-I am sure it's going to turn out great!

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 6:33:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Your mammogram bags are a great idea. I'll be getting mine done before the end of the year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home