My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, October 23, 2006

Tops Done

This wknd I spent time locked in MCM, giving myself time alone to think my own thoughts and dream my own dreams...lots of things on my mind and the best way for me to sort things out is to hole up in MCM and do what I love doing..create!

I managed to finish the borders on Midnight Hunter, a set of blocks my momma had started. She is in need of a larger lapquilt, on that will cover her shoulders as well as feet this winter and this one measures 64 square....although it isn't square it is an octagone, so I guess I should say that it measures 64 octagone!! I will wait to post a pic until it is back from the quilter and has a label and binding.

While at JoAnn's yesterday for batting and backing, I found a complete set of BOM's including the sashing and setting kit. I love it when I can find a whole set of BOM's in the clearance section. A whole quilt (minus the backing) for dirt cheap!

Last night at 8 o'clock sharp (just in time to watch Amazing Race) I finished the last border in what I am currently calling SSS. Will reveal the quilt after I hand it over. This is my first EQ design, I posted it about earlier. I changed up the border fabrics (trying to use up as much fabric as I can!) and it has ended up being much brighter and happier than my original design. I really like how this turned out. This one is also headed to my favorite (and only) machine quilter.

I have 2 tops ready to take to my quilter (plan to get the backs pieced tonight) and 2 more almost ready. I have pretty much put my WTIL quilting on hold until I get some of my mother's projects finished or passed on. My pal, Barbara, has booked us a January 20-21 quilt day at a shop in a town about an hour from us. The owner of the shop lets you use her quilting machine FREE if you are quilting for charity. As mentioned before, I will be taking tops that have been donated, currently I have 9 WTIL tops ready for quilting, at some point I am going to have to set aside time to get the backings ready. January seems like ages away but if I don't deal with it now I will be caught off guard and then will be doing the flight of the bumble bee, which I hate.

I was going to leave you with a pic of Maddie and JJ, but Blogger has once again decided for me that this is all you're going to get....

8 Comments:

At Monday, October 23, 2006 8:02:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Sounds like you've been really productive lately! Can you send some of that creative energy my way?

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

You have been busy. I'm anxious to see the finished product.

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 5:58:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

lucky me to be in the ground floor on that surprise project! It looks wonderful, Pam and the receiver will love it, for sure.

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 12:31:00 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

sounds like you have been busy. I like the Friendship Star quilt you made. You've just reminded me that i also some of those tucked away somewhere from a swap. In this particular swap we had to make the stars in Christmas fabric. Must go and find them.

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 6:52:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

you are really on a roll Pam...glad to see you getting so much done-especially for your mama. Looking forward to the unveiling...

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 8:29:00 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Pam, how great to be able to take that time that you want and need to restore yourself in MCM...*VBS* And soooo much accomplished! I look forward to seeing this awesome EQ5 project...I've yet to break mine in by using it...don't tell Linda.

It's wonderful to have a shop that will let you quilt on a longarm..but 9 is a lot to get backings made for. I'm sure you'll manage tho, Hugs, Finn

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 5:30:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just browsed through your site and your snowmen globes are delicious! I love it.

Talk about throwing down a challenge! Thanks for reminding me of those siggie stars. I, too, put the top together when I got the blocks but I think it still needs borders. I'm going to pull it out...

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 9:57:00 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Wow, you were busy! Did all the thinking time help?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home