My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Still Alive

I'm still around, just nothing much quilty to post about since it is so close to Christmas.

I am currently working on 4 different projects, the only one I can post about is a Hunters Star that my mother started but did not finish, yes...she left many many UFO's undone. She and I would usually talk about our projects, sharing who we were sewing for and for what reason, BUT ~I have no idea who she was making this for!!!~ this Hunters Star was bundled in yardage that I can only assume would have been more blocks, borders and maybe the backing and binding. Well, I am giving myself permission to not make more blocks and have added borders only, trying to get it to the lapquilt size. One more border should do it. She will laugh when she sees it because it started out to be a 2 print (both pink) quilt and I have added BLUE as a border....LOL....As soon as the top is done I will try to get one more lapquilt size top done and then get both of them to my machine quilter pal. Both of these should be done and ready to give her for Christmas. Picture when the top is done..."one more border...one more border...ONLY one more border." That is what I keep telling myself!!! This really has become a UFO-UFO, once for momma and once for me!

Last night I cut out the blocks for a new quilt, which I am hoping to get done before Christmas as well. Can't post a pic but I can tell you this is one where I am really having to keep the grid next to me at all times...the blocks are really mixed up and is causing my brain to concentrate which isn't all that easy at the end of the night. I can say this is going to be fun!!! I know the receiver will be surprised. We will both get a good laugh out of it. This is the first quilt I designed with EQ. First quilt designed and I am actually making it!!!

Tonight is our last "home alone, in our quiet little home" night for a few days. Our youngest son, Ryan, is flying home tomorrow afternoon from San Diego. We will pick him up at the little commuter airport in the town near us. Our oldest son, Roy, and his family will arriving tomorrow evening - after driving from a few miles from the Washington/Canada border! How is that for living on opposite ends of the world with mom and dad in the middle!!!

An aside: Ryan is feeling much better!!!

It's birthday time for boy our boys, Roy will be 27 on the 15th and Ryan will be 25 on the 16th. We will celebrate Roy & Naomi's 6th anniversary (October 7), both boys' birthdays and Christmas in just a few short days. It will be non-stop pandemonium until Monday afternoon when Roy and family will need to make that long drive home again. Ryan's plane leaves Tuesday afternoon. By Tuesday night our heads will still be spinning and we will already be missing the kids.

Saturday night will be our celebration night with Clamchowder in breadbowls (tradition!!). There will be between 14-18 people for chowder...I still have not gotten the sourdough breadbowls....ugh!!! I better get them tomorrow for sure!

Warning! Warning!! Warning!!! This blog will be chalkful of pictures of our long wknd...you've been warned.

I had really hoped to have a few things ready for binding while at the cabin but I only managed to get one more table topper done to the binding stage. Drats!! Oh well, who was I kidding??? I will not have time to do handwork. I have only one side of a swap block quilt to finish the handwork on and then will be able to post that. Maybe I can finish that tonight! If so, I will post the pic tomorrow morning before going into the office.

So, there you have it from me! Never a dull moment.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, October 12, 2006 3:50:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

I knew you were busy, but, sheesh! girl you make me exhausted just reading what you have been up to! big hugs to the boys...and the grandkidlets!

 
At Thursday, October 12, 2006 5:36:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Wow! That's a lot of activity for one weekend! Have a ton of fun and I look forward to the pictures.

 
At Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:36:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

My son Chris was 23 today on the 15th! He's my oldest and is getting married in 2 weeks.

I was pretty upset last year when he got engaged - I felt like he was too young. Well a year later he may still be too young but we've gotten really fond of his fiance Becky so I'm actually excited about the wedding!

 
At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:46:00 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Busy, busy as usual! You sure do manage to pack alot into your time!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home