My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Saturday, August 26, 2006

As I was saying...

...I started a new and wonderful wallhanging for my mother....LOL here it is, what do you think? Think she will laugh? Of course she will!!! I am debating just adding a couple of wide borders and making a lapquilt for her, I haven't made her one since her birthday in January. Her lapquilts get washed alot and she always keeps her legs covered up. She didn't "get" the whole wonky letters thing but she will laugh at this and will love it because it was made for her.

I can't wait to hear her laugh when she sees this. She may no longer be able to talk but she can laugh, sometimes I worry that I will forget what her voice sounded like, I miss her beautiful handwritting, I miss how she would tweak one of my boys' ears or call them by their nicknames (Little Roy, Rowdy Ryan, Ryan Tom etc.) (if you are a member of our family either my mother or my father nicknamed you...and some of those names are doozies!!!) I miss watching her curl up with a toddler grandchild in a rocking chair, there are so many things about my momma that I miss ~~ but she can still laugh, she has not lost her sense of humor and it comes out alot.

Anyway...I think I will take this as it is and ask her if she might want it for a lapquilt or just as it is. I'm guessing she'll want a lapquilt but maybe not.

On another note, today we canned stewed tomatoes and continued peeling garlic. I made a quick 15 bucks giving Ed a hair cut (yes, he has to pay me to do it!!!) and I spent time in MCM as well. Did some laundry and made a quick trip to the product market (needed green pepper for the stewed tomatoes). It was really nice and warm today, we started peeling garlic out on the deck but then realized that the Little League World Series was on and the Oregon team was playing for a spot in tomorrows final game so we moved into the living room to watch the game, Oregon didn't win but it was a good game! I called momma so she would be sure to watch the game too since she has watched the series from the beginning and how disappointing it would be to not see the final games. We will be at the care facility tomorrow and watch the final final game with her.

I broke 2 fingernails canning today, best go fix them and then paint them, maybe opal or a light pink??

9 Comments:

At Saturday, August 26, 2006 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Melzie said...

That is very fun :) She will love it I am sure. ((hugs)) for such a sweet post. xoxo melzie

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

OH, Pam!!! It's just wonderful. I love those mingos! Of course Momma's gonna love it cause you made it just for her. But she still probably won't "get" it. LOL! I'd add the borders and make a lap quilt since she uses those daily.

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006 11:40:00 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

laughed at the lap quilt for your momma. She'll enjoy it even if she doesn't "get it" as others will and they'll interact with her :-)

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 1:01:00 AM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Aww, I think she'll love it!

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 3:16:00 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Well, that was a quick finish if I ever saw one! Didn't you just start this? I am sure your Momma will love it, even if she doesn't "get it"! What Momma wouldn't just love to have a quilt with her name on it!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 4:00:00 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

I bet momma will love the wallhanging . . . oops I mean the lap quilt :)

Too bad about Oregon losing the game. They were my second choice after New Hampshire lost.

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 5:22:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

You will have to tell us about her reaction today when she sees it. Lap quilt, I'm guessing as she will get more use out of it and I bet no one at the care facility will have one like it! Sorry I missed chat---bedtime. I hate waking up at 6 when I don't have to

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:36:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

guess we may see more of this if she chooses lap quilt. We watched WNBA playoffs-have a third game to watch, today Sunday and possibly another -need to finish watching the 2nd game this morning!

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:38:00 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Lap quilt. You could put a much tamer "backing" on it that she could turn to the top if she wants....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home