My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weekend of Blessings

These three darling children (no bias here!!) greeted me when I walked in the door on Friday evening. All three of them chanting "36 MORE DAYS!, 36 MORE DAYS!". Yep, just over a month until we board a plane and head to Mickey's house.

Friday night was grandkid/grandparents night, giving their parents a parent night!!! Not sure how much fun their parents had but I do know the rest of us had a blast. While Rex helped Gpa put oil in my jeep, Tristan and Kaitlyn helped fix dinner. Gpa had the potatoes in the oven before I left the office, so it was an easy finish to prepare a potato bar complete with their favorite toppings.

Kaitlyn wrote out menu's, and made place cards for everyone then decided we needed candles as well. Tristan decided the motto for our meal should be "the best food for the best people" I whole heartily agree!

After dinner we played Skipbo, Tristan was crowned the new "Skipbo King" title, but gpa will not let that stand for long!

Saturday Angela and I started putting the rock face on their house....We are women, hear us roar!!! What a job! Oh my goodness, that is a job and a half. There is nothing, NOTHING these two kids will not attempt! Albert needed to get the garage door down and seal off that hole so he did that while Angela and I worked on the rock. Oh my aching body...bending, lifting, thinking...after 10 hrs I was so glad when it was too dark to work outside, I was asleep before my head hit the pillow ~ a good days work. They have a lot more rock to put up but we got a good start, I will only be able to help after work on Monday and Wednesday this wk.

This morning we awoke to another beautiful blue sky day, the 3rd in a row! Worship was wonderful, the sermon gave Ed and I a jump start on a great afternoon conversation. Dinner with momma, it is always a good day when she is emotionally up and alert. BLESSING! A quick trip to Wally World and back home by 3 p.m.

This is a picture of how we spent the rest of our Sunday. Saturday Ed got the deck washed and the patio furniture out of storage and back in place (I'll get the cushions out next wknd)...so after getting home from church and having dinner with momma we walked in the front door and straight through the house to the back door. We each grabbed the books we have been reading and I set up the foot spa. After giving myself a mini pedicure (complete with a wonderful seasalt scrub) I fixed Ed a non-fru-fru spa, poured him a glass of wine and there he sat until the sun went down. Happy feet, sunshine on our skin and the gentle sound of the water running in the Koi pond....ah...wonderful!

Over the past few days I have been feeling like a lazy bum! Even helping the kids with the rock wall I felt like I wasn't doing enough of what I should be doing. After Ed and I had our "after sermon" conversation I feel less and less like a lazy bum, but I also know that I need to get my act together and get some sewing done. I have had a few quilts pinned and ready for some zoom lines....as well as a few tops ready to sandwich. I had hoped to get all of my current tops and sandwiches done and ready to send to San Diego in preparation of our June trip into Mexico. I think I have wasted too much time to reach that goal, but I know I have enough time to get a few of them done none-the-less.

4 Comments:

At Monday, April 24, 2006 5:27:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Looks like your little piece of heaven right there on the deck, Pam!

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:40:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

what a great deck and Ed had the right idea! I think you do a lot, and it is easy to fall into the thinking of "could be, should be" doing more. Hope you did enough to feel good about it all.

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Serena Smith said...

Looks like you had a very relaxing day!

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 4:32:00 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Sounds like you are having some wonderful family time - both busy with the g-kids, but also some relaxing quiet time with your DH. Sounds perfects!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home