My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, May 28, 2007

What a weekend...

Our little car is still parking across the street, but we are hoping tonight will be the last night, we are so so close to being done with the building phase of this brick retaining wall.

After helping the kids hang cement siding for 9 hours on Saturday, I can honestly say "no way!!!" will we be re-siding our home! Not even! Oh my goodness what a chore. The wall we did is a wall with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and an oversized double garage...in case you are wondering...that is a loooooooong wall!!! At first I was glad there are five windows and a door on that wall UNTIL we had to jig around them. Anyway, this weekend their project was moved along as well as our project.

This morning Ed and I laid down landscape fabric and covered it with river rock......while the kids were laying a path of pavers around the new pond in their new court yard~Ed and Angela are dreaming up the landscaping plans. Then we all went for a hike. It was beautiful and after lunch everyone took the longer, steeper hike while Ed and I enjoyed some time to marvel at the beauty around us. I just can't help but to praise God when I am out in such beauty.

Wild columbine~~beautiful!!!
Tristan...hmmm...does this look like the face of innocence?
Ha! He was sneaking up on Gpa!
Kaitlyn, trying to NOT look at the camera

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:00:00 AM, Blogger Susan said...

What a beautiful place for a hike! I love waterfalls. Your house looks wonderful. Are you planting flowers under the tree on the upper level, or more rock?

 
At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:26:00 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

Fun, fun, fun!

 
At Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:55:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

I think you did fabulous on the front of your house! No maintenance is the way to go-what a wonderful hiking area-just so green and lovely. life is good down your way!

 
At Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:07:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

I just love the new look for your yard - much nicer that what you had before. I'm eager to see what you put in the planters.

Such a beautiful place for a hike - what I love about the western Cascade side of our northwest.

 
At Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:20:00 AM, Blogger julieQ said...

Beautiful!! Sounds like you have been working very hard. Green and lovely!

 
At Friday, February 29, 2008 11:48:00 AM, Blogger Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

YOur pond is going to be so sweet.The front of the house looks great too.

 
At Sunday, March 16, 2008 2:57:00 PM, Blogger Perry said...

I love the way the front of your house looks. Really pretty! And your nature "walk"...just gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home