My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Working and Playing

Our youngest son, Ryan, has moved back to Oregon and when he is around there is never a dull moment. BUT...he broke his collar bone in 2 places a couple of weeks before he moved so he has been a bit out of commission, still keeping us on our toes but in a bit more relaxed fashion than the usual hiking, disc golfing and mountain biking (which is how he broke his collar bone).

Chris mowed down the St. Johns Wort, Ed Party-Q'd the bestest chicken, I cheered Chris along and Ryan napped...doesn't the front look nice, the first stage in done, Thank you Chris!!!, the second stage will start tomorrow.A quick trip to the winery then back home to make this......a pin hole camera! Ryan and Chris have been having fun with pin hole cameras of late, taking pictures and then developing their own film. I thought it sounded like fun so Chris found this cute little puppy tin to make a camera for me. This is my first picture....(see my cute little Mary fountain???)
...Chris set up the shot and walked me through the process. Then we went to their makeshift darkroom...(I knew there was a reason we had a guest room in the basement with no windows) and she walked me through the developing process.

Kids, the older they get the fun-er they are ~ picture taking and developing ~ and a lesson about wine while at the winery!

So, now you know why there is NOTHING quilty going on here...oh, wait...maybe this has something to do with the lack of quilting going on as well....Ryan has temporarily moved into My Creative Mind. There is NO way I could get to my machine even if I had to!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

I think you are having a blast with Ryan home...looking forward to seeing the next front yard stage done-and missing my camera-I too worked on my front yard today!

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2007 5:47:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Cant' wait to see what you have in mind for that yard today. Sounds like you've been having a great time with Ryan home. But yowser you just got MCM all cleared out and set up the way you wanted it! But I guess there are more important things than quilting. (Did I just say that???)

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2007 7:13:00 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Good progress on your garden project! It always feels good to be outside :)
Jeanne

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2007 8:37:00 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

The yard looks better. I hope your son is better soon and that Ryan moves out of TCM soon.

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 5:56:00 AM, Blogger FWA Melbourne Writers Group meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7PM said...

You are an ambitious woman! I always love stumbling across other creative people.

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 7:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, sorry about his coller bone. Good luck and the yard looks Good!
Drop by my blog sometime, I'm thinking of post of artwork I've done. If I can get it where no one can right chilk pictures :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home