My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Odds and Ends

Just a couple of pictures to fill in the non-quilty gaps of my life, because NOTHING quilty is happening at my house currently!
Time for an antenna ball change and I didn't get this one posted yet,
Happy Smiley Sunshine Man
...he gets me through those gray-foggy days of early spring.
Isn't this beautiful?
A gift from my sister (last Christmas!), made from jewelry making beads and findings...
it is the teeniest, tiny-est, cutest little thing...
I have a miniature collection and this is the newest addition

And our current project...
starting today....ugh ugh ugh...this is the BEFORE picture (taken last summer)...
see all the St. John's wart? Today Chris and I are mowing it down.

Then we will be taking a break for BBQ chicken lunch...then off to Old Bridge Winery in Remote for a wine tasting open house. The wineries in our county are having tours today and we have never been to this one. There is an old covered bridge on Hwy 42 which we will stop and take pictures of. It is less than an hours drive from our home so we will be back in plenty of time to continue with the "the project". After the winery trip, we will start digging up the front of the yard where the St. John's wart is, we are terracing the front and re-landscaping...a project that has been on our to-do list for over 20 yrs! Next wknd will be the big work-wknd...we have a work-party of 9-10 people coming to do the hardest manual labor stuff...the Party-Q'er will be fired up and running all wknd....and speaking of Party-Q'er....look what I found in my livingroom a couple of wks ago...I think he was trying to get it put together and roll it out to the deck before I got home from the office, but I caught him!!! He is so funny...a Grillmaster and his Party-Q'er. When I mentioned the fact he was putting it together on off-white carpet his reply "it just came out of the box....it isn't dirty" MEN...

Enjoy your Saturday, the sun is suppose to come out today and the rain is suppose to go away...sure hope Mr. Weatherman is right!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, May 05, 2007 12:25:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Hey, girl--sounds like that grill will be getting a work out feeind the landscaping crew. That yard project has been a long time coming and it is good to have friends/family who can help make it a reality. Can't wait to see how the after pictures turn out!

DJ said that when they had helpers when he built a house years ago, they supplied the hotdogs and hamburgers for their crew too.

 
At Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:03:00 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Welcome back! I hope this one of many posts to come in the near future! We missed your regular posting! What time are you serving dinner? I just love BBQ! And I don't mind working to earn it either! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home