My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I hate dirt, and other things to smile about

Ok....as I mentioned a couple of days ago, there is NOTHING quilty going on here...so I thought I would share a few things that have made me smile lately.

I love Macaroni. Macaroni (MacKenzie) is my great niece. She occupies a part of my heart that no one else can occupy. When she comes to Aunnie (yes, that is Aunnie with no T) Pami and Uncle Eddie's home she can ask for the moon and will most likely get it served on a silver plater. She came for a quick overnight visit a couple of wks ago and wanted to sleep in our bed with us. "No problem, when you are tired you can crawl in bed." Everyone went about what they were doing and soon we discovered that Mac was real quiet...hmmm...wonder where she went? This is where we found her...on the floor just inside our bedroom door...fast asleep. OK...not really anything unusual...I have scores of pictures of this little angel sleeping in various odd places. Her mom-mom just gathered her up and moved her. The next morning I asked her why she was on the floor and didn't get up in the bed....she said she couldn't because there was someone else hogging the bed...look who that someone was....What a bed hog!!! M.G., a.k.a. Gabe, a.k.a. her little brother, a.k.a. My Guy, a.k.a. Mr. Gabe was soundly snoozing along in the bed and didn't leave her any room! Poor M.G. I think he is gonna take the fall for a few things in life, might as well get used to it now. and BTW...if he is a bed hog he learned it from the Queen of Bedhogs...his sissy, Ms. Macaroni herself!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My sister graciously agreed to help me get the pond finished. This project has been an on going project since last summer. It was one of those things that you get started on and then see that maybe you could have done something differently, or saw someone else's and liked the way they did something, or decided something wasn't working like you thought it etc. etc. etc...are you still with me? It was an ongoing project and we wanted it to NOT be an ongoing project. Well...the first thing we needed to do was move the electrical wiring and replace some of it as well...which turned out to be quite the undertaking. When the wiring was originally put in it was put in by our son who crawled on his belly to put it under the deck. In order to replace what needed to be replaced someone needed to get under the deck to UN-DO what had previously been done. That someone was NOT going to be ME...not only did I not want to do it, but I don't think I COULD have done it, as in don't think I would have fit under the deck. My sister did what she could do but her arms are not 6' long so she couldn't un-do it all...about that time my niece (who is a new mom-mom and a nursing mom-mom to boot) came out and asked us what the heck we were trying to do...and beings how she loves her Auntie Pami so much she volunteered to crawl under the deck....dairyfarm boobs, postpartum body and all. My sister and I stood there in shock that she was actually going under the deck (i.e. Spiderland... Wormville...Bughaven...Deadcarcass City). I smile when I think about her comment upon re-entry into the world...and yes, Mandy you have done your penance fully and completely!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hate dirt. I don't like dirt under my fingernails, I don't like the way my hands get rough when I have been doing yardwork, I don't like dirt...I don't like dirt...I don't like dirt. Now, having gotten that out of my system I will say that I love a well groomed yard, beautiful landscaping and I love that my dear hubby loves doing all that for us. And I will add I have been doing a bit more yardwork this year than ever before....working on the pond, planting my windowboxes and hanging pots, even dug up a few bulbs for my niece and a few weeds that were trying to make my Mary Yard their home. Hubby has rules about his garden tools...and I don't always follow his rules as closely (*¿~) as he would like me to so he bought me my own set of tools...they are PURPLE...and a cute little purple gardeners bag as well. I think he thinks that dirt and I will soon be fast friends..guess what...don't hold your breath dear, it ain't gonna happen...but I do like my cute purple garden gadgets!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chris flew back to San Diego yesterday (it was so fun to have her around for a while!!!!) so Ryan moved out of MCM and into the guestroom. I guess that frees me up to do some sewing...I will give it some serious thought, I have several quilts at the binding stage, they would be quick finishes. I have a couple of mending jobs that will not take long to get done. We have a new sofa and chair and I need a quilt to go with them as well as covers for the arms of each. And I still, yes still have not made some very needed hotpads.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

so...there you have it...kids who say the darnedest things...a hubby who has a not-so-subtle way to encourage me...a niece who will do almost anything for me..a vacated MCM...and a done-done pond (I keep forgetting to take "done-done" pics!)...sleeping baby bedhogs...things to smile about

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 09, 2007 6:27:00 AM, Blogger SuBee said...

Awwww -- what a great snapshot of a Day in the Life!! I wanna come play at your house! And Ms. Macaroni sleeping in the doorway is too too adorable. Life can still be good, huh?

 
At Wednesday, May 09, 2007 7:25:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

What a weekend! I can't believe that Mandy went crawling down there in all that mess to provide the needed help.

It would be like me having to get down in the crawl space with God knows what creepie crawlies----shudder to think. It would be followed by an immediate shower considering that you managed to get me down there in the first place. Not crazy about dirt either or things that are in the dirt---those are OUTSIDE jobs for husbands!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

 
At Wednesday, May 09, 2007 1:38:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm smiling with you as I read your post. But I do like dirt. :-)

 
At Wednesday, May 09, 2007 5:03:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Those pictures are adorable. No wonder the young ones like to come and visit you. You spoil them with love.

I agree with you - I hate dirt too.

 
At Thursday, May 10, 2007 4:27:00 PM, Blogger Shelina said...

You are right, there are a lot of things to smile about in your post. I liked looking at the quilts in your nieces picture too, as well as the story of your day. Looks like you are surrounded by family who loves you.

 
At Friday, May 11, 2007 6:58:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

thanks for the laugh of the morning pal~ I have no problem with dirt -can't say I am a fan of bugs however. great, great looking yard!!

 
At Saturday, May 12, 2007 9:39:00 AM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

:) Dead carcasses, what a NIGHTMARE! I still can not believe I did that myself! I am waiting to show this blog to DH, as he does not believe I actually did it...now he wants me to climb under our deck and clean it out! NO WAY!!! Moodle~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home