My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hot Syrup and Strawberry Lemonade

My momma spoiled my sister, yes...I know it is hard to believe
that the baby of the family would readily admit that her older sister was favored! LOL But it is the truth! You see it is like this, on Sunday mornings momma would pull the waffle iron out of the cupboard, mix up an awesome batch of waffle batter, pull out the butter. She would then begin to make stacks of waffles...ummm yum! But she wouldn't stop there, nope...if she stopped there Sunday morning waffle breakfast would be incomplete for my sister. For my sister there was one more thing she would need~~ hot syrup! So my momma would lovingly pull out a saucepan and heat up syrup just because that is the way Nancy liked it! Oh, and maybe I should tell you that momma would mix a bit of honey with peanut butter for MY waffles! (I am the youngest after all!!!)

Tristan is our middle grandson and the middle child of his family. I love that kid! He is funny, competitive, has a gentle spirit, is a hard worker and has a ready smile and kind word for everyone he sees. He is willing to do anything you ask of him, even if he doesn't really know how...even if he doesn't really WANT to do it...ask and he will be there...present and accounted for, ready for duty!! That would be our Tristan! Tristan has me wrapped around his little finger. Seldom does he ask for anything, seldom does he want things HIS way. Mr. Easy-Going, that is our Tristan. I used to find it hard to find ways to surprise and delight this great kid but not anymore. Last year I made up a batch of lemonade and had some strawberries in the refrigerator so I tossed them all together...BINGO!!!! Nail on the head, Tristan fell head over heals for strawberry~lemonade. So...whenever he is going to be here for a meal I fix up a batch of strawberry~lemonade and he gets the first glass.


Hot Mapel Syrup= $4.00
Strawberry~Lemonade=$2.50
Having someone to spoil=PRICELESS

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Having someone to spoil is wonderful! You are well on your way to making wonderful memories for that little boy!

 
At Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:02:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Too true! And a joy for the the spoiler as well as the spoilee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home