My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Just the way it's gotta be....

...this year we have opted out of putting a tree up. Well, I should say I opted out of putting a tree up. Ed is still on a 10# weight limit and my shoulder is still giving me fits from the fall I took in October. We are getting old! (Don't be surprised if I do put the tree up afterall!!! I love Christmas trees)

So, since I do not have a 2006 Christmas tree picture to show you I will show you one from 2005. See the package under the tree? As soon as the tree was up and decorated he decided he belonged under the tree...and that is where he could be found if he was in the house, even after we put the wrapped packages under the tree he would still find a way to nestle in a nook or a crannie.

Tomorrow is Open House at the office. Boy will I be DELIGHTED to have this over with for several reasons. This year we cut the time to two hours rather than three, by 7 p.m. tomorrow night I will have been at the office for 12 hrs....and will be ready for the weekend.

What are you up to???

6 Comments:

At Friday, December 08, 2006 8:05:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

working from home this friday am-then tonight finish chores, so Saturday I can spend with miss Alice Wonderful-Sunday holds family and friend visits...what a beautiful tree-I only put up a small one the past few years...hope to squeeze in some Christmas decorating this weekend too!

 
At Friday, December 08, 2006 6:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty tree, Pam. We aren't sticking a tree up either but will put lights on an outside tree just like we have done for the last three years. Not worth the trouble, it blocks the front door, etc, etc. I WILL get the nativity set out though. What amd I doing? Trying to get rid of this blasted cold and quilting on the deadline projects.

 
At Saturday, December 09, 2006 12:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely tree, and your furry friend under there is a lovely decoration *ggls*. I hope you're both feeling on top of things soon.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

 
At Saturday, December 09, 2006 11:34:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Sweet cat - no messing with the tree, just hiding under it. Cute!

 
At Monday, December 11, 2006 4:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree and a very wise cat! We aren't haing a tree this year cos we are going back to the UK Friday week for 2 weeks and I have no desire to come back and spend the next fortnight on my hands and knees sweeping up pine needles!

 
At Monday, December 11, 2006 1:26:00 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Still battling jet lag over here. My Mom loved her little bean pot filled with just a few branches and white lights - so maybe a smaller "tree" is a possibility for you? I have a collection of small crystal trees that I will be putting out in the next few days. Small! The real tree doesn't go up until Christmas Eve -at my sister-in-laws house - so I haven't had a tree of my own in years.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home