My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Why do I not remember about the video setting on my digital

Of course my mother loved her wallhanging ~ and that is what she insists it be, not a lapquilt..nada, no way was she going for the lapquilt idea, she's so funny ~ and she didn't want me to bring it home to finish it up for her either, she wanted me to leave it AS IS I had to remind what stage it was at and what all needs to be done to it to make it a finished project.

She was hilarious, I showed her my finished Bloom, then showed her another wonky wallhanging I am currently working on ~ she really is struggling with the freedom of the wonky letters, which in itself is hilarious!!! Then I pulled out hers and she laughed until she choaked herself!!! Good grief, what a way to get the staff worked up and on my bad side AGAIN!!!

Anyway, I will be finishing up her wallhanging and getting it up in her room ASAP, in fact I am thinking if it isn't finished and with me when I see her on Tuesday I might as well stay home!

On the other hand, it really is time for another lapquilt, she has 4 but like I said she keeps her legs covered all the time and she naps frequently throughout the day so sometimes she pulls it up to cover her shoulders, so the next one I make needs to be a bit larger (longer) for the winter months. I have a BOM from JoAnn's that I found the precut blocks for $1 in the clearance bin and then they were all 50% off so I ended up with 9 blocks for $4.50, then the next time I was in there I checked to see if I could find the other 3 blocks...NOPE, but the setting kit was there so got that for $5.00. What a steal! So, I will most likely get those blocks done up for her.
Niles' quilt is also finished and he gave it his stamp of approval. He didn't even want me to run it through the washer, just wanted to curl up with it as quickly as possible. Funny thing, momma had both Niles quilt and her wallhanging on her lap, she put Niles' quilt on top of hers but kept peeking under it at hers. I am thinking she is doing all she can to try to understand...LOL...I'm thinking she never made a crazy quilt, what do you think?
Here is Bloom....done and on the wall.
I really like it. Sure adds alot of color to that end of the kitchen.

I have been waiting for JoAnn's to have rolled batting on sale. Earlier this year I was able to get 10 yd rolls for dirt cheap, it was just the right width and weight for my WTIL quilts and would be just the right size for a lapquilt....I have a pile of tops (mine, my granddaughter Kaitlyn's and Nancy's) sitting here waiting for batting to go on sale. When it does I will have to go on a pinning spree and then put the pedal to the metal and get these tops finished my son will be home for Christmas and I always try to send 20-30 quilts back with him then.

We are having out of town friends over this evening and I had planned what I wanted to serve and etc. ~~~ did not ck the pantry ~~~ and just found out we are out of Hot Pepper Jelly...hmmm, I know we had some recently - hmmmmm?!?!?! Drats and double drats and now to add hot pepper jelly to next wks canning sessions...ouch ouch ouch..that stuff really burns the eyeballs while we are making it!!! Oh, I just remembered...a blade on our food processor broke while doing salsa, maybe I will have to get a new food processor before making some. We found a food processor that attaches to our blender (Oster) but it is only a one cup, which is fine when cooking for just the two of us but not nearly large enough when canning a years worth of this or that. Anyway, I was able to come up with a quick plan B on what to serve and have things all under control for this evening.

12 Comments:

At Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:46:00 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

So glad your mother enjoyed her new quilt! And your Bloom looks great on that kitchen wall.

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:47:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

I'm glad momma like her wall hanging and Niles certainly looks pleased with his quilt too. But your wall hanging takes the cake! It looks perfect in your kitchen.

I've never use Hot Pepper Jelly. What do you use it for?

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:48:00 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

glad the "momma" quilt was a hit, and yes -- you better have it done on Tueswday or stay home finishing it :-)

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 8:00:00 PM, Blogger Melzie said...

I am LOVING these stories about your momma! Sweet stuff :) xoox melzie

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 8:49:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm so glad Momma liked her quilt. Even if she still doesn't quite "get" it. :-)

Niles looks so happy there in his traveling case with his quilt. And I didn't even think about it before but what an appropriate pattern for a traveling gnome.

I know I said just bind your Bloom with red and call it done but it REALLY looks great with that final red border. And that spot on the wall looks like it was made specially for that quilt.

All 3 quilts are fantastic. And 2 of the already finished. You sure do work quick when you get going.

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 10:09:00 PM, Blogger Hedgehog said...

Bloom looks great on the wall! I love Niles, too. My cousin and I have a gnome thing. Your little quilt for him inspired some of my own work this weekend. Thanks!

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

wow! Bloom looks even better finished and up on the wall Pam..hurray for small wonderful finished projects! love the momma story-and gee, that Niles quilt sure has teeny, tiny quilt squares! beautiful work sweetie.

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 11:01:00 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Bloom looks perfect with that red border and excellent in that spot. You are a quick finisher, which will help getting your Momma quilt done. That is so excellent that she loved it, mismatched bits and all.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 3:52:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Bloom looks great-actually your cabinets and counter tops are very similar to mine, and I have used some red accents. Hope I don't see any 'Mary' fabrics, or you may have inspired the birth of another UFO!

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Perfect spot for the wallhanging. Loved the story about the "Momma" one, of course. She knows your sense of humor!

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 4:38:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I didn't think to look for the Joann's blocks in the clearance - I'll have to check my store next time I go in.

I like the Bloom Quilt. I think I'm going to have to use this idea - maybe on a baby quilt. I like the letters at the bottom, a pretty piece of fabric and a border - simple but so cute.

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 6:28:00 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

We have a Joann's going out of business near here. The sale starts in a couple of weeks. I'll have to check out the bins.
You're right-the Bloom quilt brightens up the wall. But don't quilts do that wherever we put them?
Your Mom sounds like a hoot! Good to see she enjoys your work so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home